WHAT’S THE PLASTIKI EXPEDITION PHILOSOPHY?
- It’s about recognizing that waste is fundamentally a design flaw (it does not appear in nature)
- It’s about re-thinking waste as a resource.
- It’s about cyclical 'cradle-to-cradle’ philosophies rather than linear thinking when it comes to
- how we design our world.
- It’s about a better understanding of the lifecycle’s and materials used in our everyday lives.
- It’s about being curious and open, being prepared to let go of assumptions in order to undertake
- a new ‘Planet 2.0’ way of thinking and acting.
- It’s about acknowledging that we don't have all the answers and that nobody is as smart as
- It’s about being collaborative and curious so to engage multiple perspectives, skills, opinions and
- It’s about constantly learning, unlearning and re-learning.
- It’s about re-integrating back into the web of life by recognizing and reducing our human
- fingerprints on the natural world.
- It’s about moving on from just articulating the problems and inspiring action of the solutions.
- It’s about encouraging the world to reduce, reuse, recycle and rethink more of the planets
- natural resources.
- It’s about delivering a spectacular global “Message in a Bottle”.
We wish the crew of Plastiki well. I'm sure that by having a WatchMate on board would remove one more navigational stress for the crew. By the way if you haven't see the latest AIS WatchMate RX yet this page is a great place to start.